Discipline and routine haven’t come easy to me, yet there is one area I don’t stray from, my daily skin care. As a teen, I spent lots of time in the sun, with lemons, baby oil, iodine, and a salt water spray, attempting to tan. Before too long that I wanted to care for my skin more than I wanted to tan–vanity may have played a role here.
It’s not just about having soft, healthy skin; it’s also about feeling good inside and out. Granted genes play a part in the qualities of our skin, I thank my Sicilian mom for a bit of that. At 70-something, she has amazingly smooth supple skin.
What I do
- Eat healthy, organic, fresh, seasonal foods including my favorite Beauty-Enhancing Smoothie
- Whole Foods Cleanse 2 times per year
- Skin Cleansing: I use no or little soap on my face. I use oil (coconut or sesame, depending on the season) to remove makeup. My face cream and serum are handmade by people I know with organic ingredients and love. I use a rose or lavender water spray as a toner and to freshen up throughout the day.
- Facial Massage and Abhyanga
- Daily Yoga, Chanting and Meditation Practice. I use a slow, breath-based practice appropriate for my needs.
- Daily short, vigorous walk with my dogs
- Keep stress to a minimum (what I can control)
- Sleep at least 7 hours (I sometimes nap, which I never let myself do in the past.)
- Keep toxic chemicals off my skin and out of my diet
- Drink water and herbal tea (I do enjoy a nice cup of coffee, too.)
There are other routines I follow throughout the day. The ones listed above are the ones attributed to skin health. Thanks for reading everyone. If you’re interested in working with me privately, please schedule a Complimentary Wellness Call.
I’d love to hear your take on keeping your skin care natural as well as any other wonderful products you know of.
PS-My practices and lifestyle have changed with age and need. Yogic practices are specific to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs.Truly it’s not one practice fits all.